- Step 1 : Login to the “Manage booking” area as per introduction
- Step 2 :
- Add the insurance through the insurance button:
- or add the insurance by clicking on “Amend Booking” and add it from the insurance section.
- Step 3 : Include your payment details to finalise transaction
- Step 4 : You will receive a confirmation email with your insurance policy attached.
Step 1 : Login to the “Manage booking” area as per introduction
Step 2 : Click on “Remove Full Protection”
- Step 3 : confirm the removal
- Step 4 : Make sure the insurance has been removed by checking the “total of your rental”
The customer will also receive an email confirming this information.
Until when can I remove my insurance?
You have a 14-day cooling-off period from when you buy Full Protection Insurance. During that 14 days, you can cancel your Full Protection Insurance and receive a full refund.
If the 14-day cooling-off period overlaps your actual trip, and you then need to cancel your insurance, you will be able to get a refund for any unused days. You will not receive a refund for any days that you've already used and been insured for. In other words, you cannot backdate a cancellation, as you will have been insured for the days you have used.
You can cancel your Full Protection insurance any time before the day that you pick up your rental car.
You can cancel your Full Protection during your trip, but unfortunately you will not receive any refund. The only exception to this is if you decide to buy the Rental Company's cover at the rental counter. If you ring us at that point, we will cancel your Full Protection Insurance and refund you.
**The main driver must contact us within 3 months of the end date shown in your policy schedule and certificate of insurance**
Step 1: If an accident happens
If you have an accident, get everyone to safety first. Ring the emergency services if you need to. Then ring the rental company. They'll let you know what to do next.
- Step 2: Get in touch with the rental company
Let the rental company arrange recovery and/or repairs. Full Protection Insurance won't be able to pay you back if you pay anyone else for something like this.
- Step 3: Review the Rental Agreement
In the case of an accident, customers need to review the agreement they signed when collecting the car to verify if they need to inform the police; some car hire companies may extra charge them if no report is provided.
- Step 4: Follow the rental company's advice
Follow the rental company's advice on handling the incident. For example, they may provide you with another car.
- Step 5: Keep your paperwork safe
Keep safe your rental paperwork, including receipts. This might include any payments made for repairs as well as a check-in form, final invoice and a proof of payment (bank statement).
- Step 6: Claim online when you're home
Once you get home, get online and let us know what's happened:
Go to 'Contact us' on the home page (scroll down to the FAQ section) & click on “Contact us”
b) Click on “Insurance, Cover & Protection”
C) Click on “Contact us” in the Completed Rental section and “here” to fill in the form
d) Enter your booking ID & your email address
e) Get started and answer all questions
- Step 7: Upload all your paperwork
- Step 8 : We will update you regularly on the progress of your claim.
How can I make an insurance claim? (RentalCover Insurance)
All cases related to RentalCover are handled directly by them. The main driver will need to contact the RentalCover team via https://www.rentalcover.com/claim
How can I make an insurance claim? (bought my insurance with supplier at the desk)
If customers buy an issuance directly with the supplier at the desk, in case of an accident, they will need to contact the Car Hire Company directly and follow their process to make a claim. Unfortunately, we won't be able to support this as it is not our product/policy.
Once the customer rental has finished, they will need to:
- Step 1 : Go on Manage booking as per introduction
- Step 2 : Retrieve their booking and select “Customer Service”
- Step 3: Get started and answer all questions
Step 4 : Select why you are contacting us, select the currency and advise the amount for the extra charges
- Step 5: Advise - if you know - the reason why the extra was charged. In this case ‘Extra insurance at pick-up’
- Step 6: Submit your request