4 - CS before pick up
I didn't receive my voucher, how can I find it?
There are various ways to retrieve your vouchers:
- If the customer know their reference number:
- Log in to “Manage booking” to retrieve it and print it
- If they don’t have the booking reference number:
- They can call our call centre at our International number: +44 161 312 3656. Please make sure it is the main driver who contacts us, so we will be able to support as best as possible. The customer will need to provide details such as full name, email, pick up location on the booking.
I try to apply a promo code but it is not working, can you help ?
- Step 1: Make sure the customer meet the criteria for the promotion
Have you confirmed that the booking fills all the criteria? Most promo codes will required to answer few points like:
- minimum car price
- or/and minimum rental days
- or/ and specific pick up window
- or/ and specific location…
*Make sure your customer clear its cache and cookies if the promocode struggles to work.
- Step 2: if all criterias are met and the promo code is not working, you can contact the Account Manager
How can I include my loyalty number?
If the customer is part of a loyalty program of any car hire company and makes a booking with them through us, we can not add their membership number to the reservation, so once they are at the counter, they will need to check this directly with them. It will be at the discretion of the supplier.
I am going abroad with a car, what do I need to do?
If your customer is planning to cross any borders during their trip, bear in mind:
- They may have to pay more: there are often extra fees, taxes or additional cover they’ll pay at the car hire counter.
- It may not be possible: depending on where they’re hiring, they may not be able to take the car to another country.
Please contact us if a customer wants to take their hired car into a different country and we’ll talk them through the options available.
Important: In many cases, to be able to process a cross border request, we would need to get a minimum of 7 days’ notice as we would need to contact the supplier and ask them to prepare the documents needed for the cross border. In those cases, if the customer would contact us 2 days before the pickup, the suppliers will often decline the cross border and the customer will then already be within the 48 hours of pickup and have cancellation fees in case they want to cancel.
How do I add a flight number to my booking?
Follow the steps previously explained for Amendments and choose ‘Flight Number’
What if the flight is delayed, will the supplier wait for the customer?
If the customer adds flight details to the booking, the hire car company will be able to track their flight and may hold the car for them for up to an hour.
If the flight is delayed and the customer did not add the flight details to the booking, please ask them to ring us using the phone number on their Rental Voucher as soon as possible.
Flight delays and cancellations are out of our control, so unfortunately Rentalcars.com cannot take any responsibility for any problems or costs caused by them.
Customer's flight was delayed and the supplier's desk closed - how do I get a refund ?
If the supplier’s desk is closed due to the flight being delayed, the best option is to contact us in order to cancel the existing booking and make a new one for the following day.
Please bear in mind that the cancellation penalty will apply (3 days lost or whole booking is shorter than 3 days + supplier’s fee when applicable).